Willful is hiring! Marketing/Operations Intern
Published: February 13, 2019
If you’re looking to hone your marketing skills at a startup with a passionate mission, you’ve come to the right place!
At Willful we’re known for bringing the ominous task of estate planning out of the shadows and into the same limelight as insurance, financial planning and filing your taxes. You know, all the sexy parts of being an adult. While end-of-life planning is a very sensitive subject, our mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible. It’s a great day at Willful when a customer finishes their will and writes to tell us, “Hey, that was kind of fun!”
Our user-friendly design and personal mission has caught the attention of major publications such as The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, Global News, Betakit and more. Willful has been approached for partnerships from industry leaders in the banking, insurance and benefit providers.
Every adult needs a will and should have an emergency plan in place for their own peace of mind and to help guide their loved ones. Giving people an accessible, dependable and affordable option is the fuel that drives us everyday.
As an intern, you’ll work closely with our Growth team and alongside our Chief Marketing Officer. You’ll be assigned to three or more strategic growth areas where you’ll develop skills to help support your team in a number of marketing and operation tasks for Willful including:
- Research and list-building
- Assistance with marketing activities (copywriting, email marketing, etc.)
- General admin support
- Outreach to potential partners
- Updating CRM tool
- Updating and creating strategic playbooks
- Current student or recent graduate who is eager to develop their skill set by getting their foot in the door at a fast-paced creative agency
- Degree/diploma in digital marketing/growth marketing or equivalent experience
- Social media literacy: you not only use social media in your personal life, but you stay up to date on the latest trends, and you know what’s new and what’s next
- Resourcefulness: You won’t always know the answer to a question, but you can source it on your own
- Love for words: you love writing, whether it’s a press release or writing your own personal blog posts or stories. You have a passion for nerdy things like spelling and grammar, and would never be caught dead using the wrong your/you’re or its/it’s
- Personality, both online and off: We’re a small team and we like to have fun, so we want someone who fits the Willful culture.
- Creativity: We’re constantly cooking up creative ideas to bring attention to Willful, and we need someone who’s not afraid to throw out 15 crazy ideas to find the one idea that works
- Great time management/attention to detail: You’ll be working on several client accounts every day, and juggling multiple responsibilities and various platforms
- Comfortable working with G Suite
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
You’ll be working at our office at Wellington and Simcoe (right beside Roy Thompson Hall) in the heart of downtown Toronto, which means you can get your errands done on your lunch (and there’s an LCBO two blocks away).
- Wear what you want except flip flops, we’re not animals
- Snacks (not always healthy)
- Monthly fun events – because, well don’t make us say it….YOLO (and in our line of business…You only die once too) (We should probably workshop that!)
**The successful candidate has to meet the conditions of the hiring grant.
Please send a link to your LinkedIn and an email to email@example.com. Tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for our team. No resumé/CVs required.